Routine exams keep your pet happy and healthy! Las Tablas Animal Hospital recommends that healthy adult pets visit the vet once per year for a wellness exam. Seniors and pets with chronic health issues may need to be checked more often, and young animals under a year will likely require several visits for vaccinations to ensure immunity.
If your pet is due for their annual or bi-annual exam, please schedule your appointment as soon as possible, as our availability may be booked out by a few weeks.
Our wellness exams are nose-to-tail, and typically include:
- Ear exam
- Eye exam
- Dental exam
- Skeletal exam
- Internal health evaluation
- Neurological evaluation
- Cardiovascular evaluation
- Nutrition consultation and diet recommendations
- Behavior counseling and training
- Discussion of pet’s home environment and what they require
- Vaccinations consultation
- Parasite and heartworm prevention consultation
- Discussion of potential changes with aging (senior pets)
Wellness exams not only give us the opportunity to observe how your pet is developing or aging, but are also a chance for you to ask questions about any concerns or issues you’re having with your pet. We hope you’ll see us as an invaluable resource for all things pet-related!
Schedule an exam with a Las Tablas Animal Hospital veterinarian by calling (805) 369-2222.